Tuesday, September 12, 2006

Guess Guess !! Pomegranate


Beleive me I swore to myself that I will not do guessing games.. (I am not very good at it is a different story).. But this one has a hidden message I promise..

So here it is !! Can you guess this fruit ??? As for prizes for guessing it right !!! Hmmm let me think about it !! Go ahead and let me know and have some fun !!

I hope its really a tough one :)

Whats with you Guys !!! Every single one of you guessed it right !! ( except Meena I am sure she wantedly guessed it wrong to make me feel better) Or is it me who came up with such a silly foto ?? You know what ?? All of you should give me a prize for holding such an easy guessing game :( :(

Yes it is pomegranate. The reason I took the picture was to show that white sheath ( skin) in between the seeds right ?? It is very good for the cleansing the uterus. My granny used to say that it will heal the uterus ulcers. So remembered that yesterday and thought of passing it over to you !!! The white skin IS bitter but if you eat it along with the sweet seeds you dont taste the bitterness.

19 Comments:

At 8:09 AM PDT , Anonymous Anonymous said...

pomogranate, anar in hindi

 
At 8:35 AM PDT , Blogger FH said...

Pommagranate, Dalimbe in Kannada!!

Asha

 
At 8:42 AM PDT , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Pomogranate

Priya Baskaran

 
At 9:19 AM PDT , Blogger Raji said...

Pomogranate.. Just when I thot I will get the puliodharai, looks like three of them beat me to it

 
At 9:30 AM PDT , Blogger Radhika said...

Pomogranate

 
At 10:02 AM PDT , Blogger Syam said...

ellorum thappa solraanga ithu maathulam pazham...so enaku thaan puliodaharai :-)

 
At 11:39 AM PDT , Blogger Meena Kandlakuti said...

is it bread??

 
At 12:13 PM PDT , Anonymous Anonymous said...

ya ..it is sure a pomogranate.

 
At 12:41 PM PDT , Blogger Kitchenmate said...

Revathi...
pomogranate it is:)

 
At 8:02 PM PDT , Anonymous Anonymous said...

madhulampazham pola irruke revathi..waiting to know enna fruit nu?

 
At 10:52 AM PDT , Blogger Meena Kandlakuti said...

Revathi,

I did not know till now that the white skin is helpful Clean the uterus.thanks for sharing.I will include this in my tips if you say yes:-))

 
At 6:16 PM PDT , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I missed the game. :(

 
At 8:35 PM PDT , Blogger Unknown said...

wow!!!!!!!!!!!!tht looks colorful, wonerful...thnx for sharing..can u pls gimme any idea of a north indian thail(veg)..thnx

 
At 5:34 AM PDT , Blogger Prema Sundar said...

Hi revathi,
pomogranate is a very good fruit for ladies. My aunt says that it is good for the uterus too. I remember her ordering madhulampazham juice whenever she goes to saravana bhavan in chennai.

 
At 9:00 AM PDT , Blogger Gattina Cheung said...

whoa! I didn't know the white sheath is so useful either! Great info.

 
At 9:06 AM PDT , Blogger Anupama said...

Revathi, Your photo though easy to guess, was very fresh and appealing. It brought out the juiciness of the fruit completely.

 
At 10:30 AM PDT , Blogger EarthlyTraveler said...

oh!ho!Iam late.One of the fruits I love to eat,but hate to peel.I have never tasted the inner skin before.

I do besan dosai sometimes,but I love to have it hot hot.aari pona kadak modaknu poguthu or rubber madhiri agudhu.Any suggestions?What is the mistake iam doing?--SKM

 
At 2:34 PM PDT , Anonymous Anonymous said...

A nice piece of info Revathi,thnak you. I have heard that the dried and powdered skin of pom is used for treating mild coughs and colds.
Loved the photo.

 
At 2:34 PM PDT , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh Revathi, I missed your game. Good message with the lovely foto.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home