Monday, April 24, 2006

Aloo Chole

This weekend for cooking it has been regulars french beans, cabbage & eggplant. So I was browsing the web to try something different and ofcourse low fat and high protein. And I came across this recipe by Indira of Mahanandhi - Aloo chole. Thought would be perfect combination for the whole wheat tortiallas I had purchased last week.

I loved the idea of using pureed garbanzo beans to get the gravy instead of coconut or peanuts - I have no idea whether this is the way to do traditional aloo chole or not - but its a smart way and I think this is how I am going to thicken gravies in kormas hereafter - Low-fat thickener and a healthy dose of protein.

Anyways, I followed her recipe - Not the quantity of ingredients only the items. I added some extra chickpeas for the puree and omitted cilantro paste. And I did not have channa masala so used regular garam masala.

Aloo Chole

Indira has a cool description of the recipe. So I am not repeating it. But just a couple of fotos to show how it turned out :) The taste was too good. I loved it so did Ravi.

ingredients - Oops! Missing the ginger

2 Comments:

At 4:22 AM PDT , Anonymous Anonymous said...

hi revathi
it sure looks good. My i`m not so much into cooking.. But it looks tempting

Roshan

 
At 6:37 AM PDT , Blogger Kitchenmate said...

Looks appetizing and delicious, using pureed beans is cool idea that i learnt from my cousin and it is yummy too!!!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home