Saturday, July 01, 2006

From My Rasoi # 7

Let me host this months' From My Rasoi Blog Event by thanking Meenakshi for letting me do this and congratulating Paz for hosting last months' FMR.




The feeling we are associated with when we hear some music for the first time, lingers back every time we hear that music again - literally making us feel the same way - Good or Bad !! Isn't food and music the same in this aspect ?? For me whenever I cook mutton biriyani, it just takes me to those wonderful sundays back home when junglebook would be screaming in the tv, cooker whistling in the kitchen, my mother constantly yelling at me to do this and that, my dad busy with the sunday magazine and me peacefully having one eye on tv and another eye on the biriyani cooking in the kitchen. Wonder what my sister was doing ???

So where is this leading to towards this months FMR theme ?? Dishes that rewinds time for us to take us into the bubble of comfort zone reminding all the wonderful memories associated with that time. - Comfort Foods - is the theme I chose for this months' FMR. I am sure all of you will have fantastic stories associated with each dish/meal.

Wiki so aptly describes "Comfort Foods" as "any food or drink to which one habitually turns to for temporary respite, security, or special reward"

General rules for FMR are :

  1. All you have to do, is come up with a recipe to share based on the announced theme, "Comfort Foods", that will highlight the taste of India/or anyother cuisine. It can be anything and in any form, shape or size, sweet, savoury or even drinks!
  2. Email me the link to your post by the 1st of August to revathicsm at yahoo.com, there will be round-up on all the participants and submissions.

So, take a break, relax and close your eyes and think about all those wonderful dishes that make u feel cosy and comfort you and share it with us - We are all waiting to hear it !!!!

Have a safe and happy July 4th weekend !!!!!


12 Comments:

At 2:14 PM PDT , Blogger Vaishali said...

Great theme, Revathi. Very exciting.

 
At 2:45 PM PDT , Anonymous Anonymous said...

wonderful theme Revathi!! Oohh do I have tons of ideas!! :o)

 
At 3:10 PM PDT , Blogger Sumitha said...

Thats a very good theme Revathi!

 
At 6:56 AM PDT , Blogger Unknown said...

Tat sounds wonderful. Clever choice. All the best to dear.

 
At 9:06 AM PDT , Blogger Sumi said...

I have been missing the past two FMR's. You have chosen a very good theme I should atleast try to make it up to this one.

 
At 4:33 PM PDT , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Very very nice theme revathi...
I will definetly do an entry

 
At 6:30 PM PDT , Blogger Revathi said...

Paz :
Thank you very much for the link.

Vaishali, Meena, Sumitha, Pushpa, Sumi,Shanthi -
Yes, I am counting you in - Looking for your entries !!! I am really excited about this -

 
At 9:08 PM PDT , Blogger Unknown said...

Very nice theme Revathi! And i understand exactly what you mean in your Sunday morning scene-such associations in our brain are indeed very strong...

 
At 9:09 PM PDT , Blogger Priya said...

Thats a very nice theme for FMR. Its actually tough cos there are soo many little things that take us back memory lane and have become a part of us now. Will definitely try to nail one down for the event :-)
Happy hosting

 
At 9:14 PM PDT , Blogger Revathi said...

Nandita :
Thanks for your post. Really nice rasam. I know what rasam means to me

Priya
Will look out for your entry. Hopefullly in the process you will rediscover some nice childhood memories :)

 
At 7:45 PM PDT , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Comfort food is a classic, timeless theme and I have so many recipe to share.:)
I am definitely in and thanks for hosting.

 
At 10:16 PM PDT , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Here is my entry Ravathi

http://anthonyskitchen.blogspot.com/2006/07/simple-pork-curry.html

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home