Wednesday, July 19, 2006

Cooking from other blogs

uppurundai
Upma kozhukatai/uppurundai over mint chutney

I get ever so excited about cooking new dishes and discovering new tastes that I forget about the simple, familiar food that we are very much used to. Here I was searching for some more new recipes and I saw Nandita's recipe for upma kozhukattai ( we call it uppurundai ). Oh I almost forgot this childhood snack food. Its a simple, humble tummy filler and my mom used to make it when we were kids !! Do I need more reason to rediscover the taste for this snack !! I made it just as per Nandita's instructions and it came out great !!!!


DSC01567
Plantain podimas with mint rice
Another of my favourite at home is Vazhakai podimas. I saw this recipe by Sudha on friday so I remembered quite to bring home plantains. Again I love this recipe for its simplicity. I followed her recipe exactly. It came out great !!
Thanks for all your inquiries about my laptop.. Ravi has made temporary arrangements and hooked a desktop monitor and serves the purpose now. Meanwhile he is deciding between a thinkpad and notebook :)

8 Comments:

At 4:50 AM PDT , Blogger Unknown said...

That looks absolutely beautiful Revathi-sitting on the bed of mint chutney! Thanks for the mention :)

 
At 5:53 AM PDT , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Mine is a thinkpad. I have been using it for the past 4 years and it works great. No problems at all. We recently purchased a new thinkpad for our school in Nandyla. Great solid machines and perfect design.:)

 
At 3:57 PM PDT , Blogger Vineela said...

Hi Revathi,
Nice to hear that you are back.Hope to see your fmr roundup.
Vineela

 
At 7:33 PM PDT , Blogger RP said...

Good to see that you can post again. The mint chutney looks too yummy. Nice color.

 
At 9:34 AM PDT , Blogger Sudha said...

Revathi, pudina chutney looks so yummy..color roomba nalla iruku..

 
At 5:45 AM PDT , Anonymous Anonymous said...

This does look lovely! Glad you got your computer problems worked out.

Paz

 
At 12:19 PM PDT , Blogger Krithika said...

Upma kozhukattai looks great. Nice idea to serve it with mint chutney.

 
At 10:34 PM PDT , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Your are Excellent. And so is your site! Keep up the good work. Bookmarked.
»

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home