Wednesday, November 29, 2006

Cooking for the crowd - meme

Anthony started this meme. Thanks for tagging me Tony- Hmm when was the last time I cooked for a crowd. Ok When it comes to cooking even 4 is a crowd for me !!!

1. When did i cook for a crowd ?
Around 4 months back I cooked for Ravi's friend and classmate - He visited us with his pregnant wife and brother. That makes preparing lunch for 5 of us.. Did I not say 4 is a crowd for me ??

2. What did I cook ?
Since I was cooking for a pregnant friend I wanted to cook several items so that she could taste everything. I had known that she was in the puking phase of pregnancy and puked almost every 2 hours. They are vegetarians from punjab and my menu was totally keeping her in mind.

The menu :
  • garelu - Deep fried fritters that are an andhra delicacy prepared out of batter of soaked split green gram. Made a coarse paste of gram, curry leaves, coriander, chillies, cumin. Crispy starters
  • idly -Typical south indian must have trademark recipe.
  • sambar - Another trademark recipe expected from a Tamil/Telugu dinner. Fill a cup with yummy sambar and allow your idlies to float, a little taste of hzeaven
  • Raita - A must-have accompaniment to any biriyani
  • Potato peas kurma - A aromatic spicy curry sauce thickened with coconut paste
  • Gobi fry - A simple fry of cauliflower with chillipowder and salt.
  • Rasam - Tangy, hot soup with pepper, cumin, tomato, coriander, chillies, garlic
  • Rasamalai -baked ricotta cheese balls soaked in flavoured condensed sweetened milk
Our guests loved our food, they stayed till tea - We had lots of fun chitchatting that day !!!

Would love to know what Priya, Gattina, Indira, Shaheen cook for their guests !!

6 Comments:

At 3:55 AM PST , Blogger Lakshmik said...

Wow Revathi. That is quite a spread. Cheers!

 
At 5:02 AM PST , Blogger Shah cooks said...

have u blogged abot the garelu? would love to get that recipe. Nice spread for a verg meal. thanks for tagging. will do it next.

 
At 7:20 AM PST , Blogger FH said...

Very nice to read your MeMe, Revathi:)

What a collection of dishes for a crowd.Mouthwatering.

Have a great weekend and cook a lot.

 
At 3:54 PM PST , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks for tagging me Revathi, will blog about MEME soon.
Soy Chunks biriyani looks YUMMM !

 
At 1:26 AM PST , Blogger Gattina Cheung said...

Revathi,
thanks for tagging me. I'll do it by next week too, will let you know after I complete.

 
At 8:27 PM PST , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I would have loved to gorge on the ras malai the most.. have you posted a recipe of ras malai yet?

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home