Sunday, December 03, 2006

Red Chard Dal



red chard - vibrant colors

Recently I was browsing for foods that are rich in Calcium - and the search results on nutritiondata showed me collard greens and mustard greens. I managed to find collard greens. While I was searching for mustard greens, I saw these vibrant cool red and green colored chard and I could not resist picking them up. I wanted to cook with these lovely red chard, and guess which blog I went right away to - Priya's sugerandspices ofcourse!!! She is the official dal girl of the our blogosphere.



red chard with masoor dal and toor dal

The method of preparation is just as per Priya's recipe. Pressure cooked half a cup of masoor dal and half a cup of toor dal with turmeric and three garlic. In a separate pan heat oil, temperd it with cumin, mustard, dried red chillies and added the finely chopped greens. Sauted the greens for a couple of minutes. Then I added the pressurecooked dal mixture to the pan and allowed to boil for another 5 minutes. Added some salt to taste. I can easily make Ravi eat this dal saying its spinach dal !! The taste is very familiar !!!!

13 Comments:

At 8:21 PM PST , Blogger Viji said...

Hi Revathi, Nice to know about this veggie. Thanks for sharing. Viji

 
At 5:11 PM PST , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Iam glad you liked this dal Revathi ! You add finely chopped red chard in Adai and frittata too.

 
At 11:11 AM PST , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I have done poriyal with it.This seems to be a gud idea, thanxs

 
At 6:21 PM PST , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dal looks delicious. Thanks for sharing.

 
At 7:47 PM PST , Blogger Pooja said...

Hi Revathi,
thanks fro info about chard dal.
sanp you took for that is great ! so clear and inviting.
have to try it, since it is so nutricious.
thanks .
-Pooja

 
At 7:50 PM PST , Blogger Prema Sundar said...

i have seen this but haven't cooked with this..The info tempts me to try it out . thanks

 
At 6:38 PM PST , Blogger Lakshmik said...

Hi Revathi

The dal looks yummy. Nice recipe.

 
At 12:54 PM PST , Blogger Shah cooks said...

Recently I tried making dal palak using Dandelion greens and that too came out very nice. I guess cooking with dal is a nice way to inject greens.

 
At 4:31 PM PST , Blogger KA said...

Nice presentation Revathi.

 
At 3:47 PM PST , Blogger Sarah said...

My daughter loves spinach dal.. I am going to try the red chard dal...

 
At 2:31 PM PST , Blogger Shah cooks said...

Wish u and ur family very hapy holidays!HAPPY NEW YEAR!I posted another Mess curry for u..:)

 
At 12:02 PM PST , Blogger Seema Bhat said...

Revathi:
I am a first time visitor to your blog and must say u have wonderful recipes in here, specially this one . I never knew one could make dal our of red chard.
Thanx a bunch

 
At 11:15 PM PST , Blogger aa said...

live119|live119論壇|
潤滑液|內衣|性感內衣|自慰器|
按摩棒|電動按摩棒|飛機杯|自慰套|自慰套|情趣內衣|
G點|性感丁字褲|吊帶襪|丁字褲|無線跳蛋|性感睡衣|
充氣娃娃|AV|情趣|衣蝶|
角色扮演|跳蛋|情趣跳蛋|煙火批發|煙火|情趣用品|SM|

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home