Friday, February 09, 2007

Guessing game anyone ?? - Poached egg curry

The past weeks have been crazy. Not the work but I am sincerely trying hard to cut down restaurant food and cook daily. I have not had much time to blog. Thanks friends for checking on me. I know I really sucked last time I tried to do a guessing game, but this time I think I got a real hard one. Can you guess what the white blob is ??



Update : Thanks dear friends for playing the guessing game with me. It is indeed poached egg-curry with a twist. When I make the egg curry, where the eggs is broken into the curry itself - technically the egg is supposed to cook in the curry without separating. But I found the egg splitting up. So I cooked the egg separately by placing all the whites into a cup and placed the cup itself in a vessel with water. Heated the vessel with water and that inturn cooked the eggwhites in the cup. After it cooled Voila !! came out the blob of eggwhite like a mould!!!

17 Comments:

At 12:53 PM PST , Anonymous Anonymous said...

must be idli's

sam

 
At 12:56 PM PST , Blogger Inji Pennu said...

paneer? Rice?

 
At 4:44 PM PST , Blogger Priya Bhaskaran said...

Egg curry???

 
At 4:46 PM PST , Anonymous Anonymous said...

idly sambar?

 
At 5:30 PM PST , Blogger Lakshmik said...

Idli and tomato kuzhambu?

 
At 5:38 PM PST , Blogger archana said...

poached egg curry?

 
At 10:19 PM PST , Blogger Swamy VKN said...

Fantastic picture! Cool guesses too. Must be idli and onion sambhar.

Revathi - have seen your comment at FAHC blog. To contribute recipes, kindly run through the submision guidelines. In brief, just send the blog URLs of your recipe posts which you would like to contribute to group cookbook project - You Can Cook. Let me know any further queries. Thanks.

 
At 4:04 AM PST , Blogger Shah cooks said...

knowing u..it must be idli or a mound of rice.

 
At 5:45 AM PST , Blogger FH said...

Polenta?!

 
At 7:04 AM PST , Blogger Unknown said...

Sambhar idlies..or pongal dipped in sambhar..

 
At 9:48 AM PST , Blogger Prema Sundar said...

Must be Idly and tomato chutney or rice and tomato kuzhambu

 
At 7:52 PM PST , Blogger Mrs. K said...

Oh I missed the game!
I would have said idli-sambar too...

 
At 7:35 AM PST , Blogger Gattina Cheung said...

oh I missed the game, but I know I wouldn't get it right =) You're so clever to cook the egg white, beautiful!

 
At 10:54 PM PST , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I leant about this poached egg curry from my dad. He would break an egg or two into the fish curry, after it's been taken off the heat. The egg would be cooked in the heat and would have all the goodness of fish and curry. yum..

Was planning to cook fish this week. will do this. :) thanks Revathi.

 
At 10:00 PM PST , Blogger Unknown said...

Everybody was guessing it is idli sambhar and here it goes it is the egg curry. Nice guessing game. Lovely presentation too.
Chk out this Malabar egg curry
http://www.indusladies.com/forums/30054-post52.html

 
At 4:47 AM PST , Blogger Some random ramblings... said...

hi,
u have written that the egg started splitting when u broke it into the curry. my mom's solution for this is, turn the gas flame to low (sim ideally) and then break the eggs. let the egg cook on low flame. it wont start spliting. this curry would taste superb if the egg is cooked in the gravy.

 
At 11:36 PM PDT , Blogger Information said...

A good and different way indeed!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home